2.0
Layout of Store

We had a Delta faucet installed in Sep 2015, cost $324/70.It started leaking, dripping at the spout in Oct 2016 and a plumber replaced the cartridge (Delta #16471010, cost $47.24 plus $25 delivery) for total cost of $312.24.

Now, Feb 28, 2017 it is leaking like crazy again. This is total junk and I will have to pay to have it replaced with something that hopefully has better reliability. This type of Chinese made, poor quality and very costly plumbing parts are a horrid waste of money and time. Very frustrating for the consumer.

A non-handyman, like me, is at the mercy of $120 per hour plumbers.

Ugh.Why does this web site demand 100 words?

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Leaky piece of junk.

Had an Experience with Delta Faucet?

Comments

Port Washington, New York, United States #1296282

Ifyou bought it at a big box store, thats the problem, its why they are cheap there, they make a lesser grade product for them.

gtaft
to Anonymous Anchorage, Alaska, United States #1297030

We sourced this faucet via the plumber that installed it and he obtained it from a plumbing supply firm here in Anchorage. So, no big box store.

offconsumerpissed

Gotta learn to do that stuff by yourself.Like you, I am no handyman.

And I probably spent like quadruple the time it should have taken, but the faucet is something even us handyman-challenged people can do :). It will save you a ton of money. Just watch a couple YouTube videos.

It's frustrating, but think of the money.You spent $325 bucks for a $50 product.

to off***sumer***ed #1296277

Yes, but at age 75 arthritis has crippled me up to the point I cannot use tools very well, nor can I bend, get on my knees and do other physical contortions required in plumbing jobs.Unfortunately I have to depend on the professionals who seem to take pleasure in screwing seniors and anyone else they work for.

What happened to making America Great Again?

Am I missing something?Anxious and annoyed in Anchorage, Alaska.

offconsumerpissed
to Great Grandpa Major #1296895

I mean obviously it's different if you physically aren't capable.I thought from the original comment that you simply didn't feel comfortable trying it.

Don't feel like companies just want to screw over seniors though. That's everyone. I would recommend reaching out to people you know.

Like I said, if I can do it, I think anyone (that's able bodied) can do it.Pay a son/grandson/nephew/neighbor/friend/friend's relative/whatever else $20 and a couple beers and you will have the job done.

gtaft
to off***sumer***ed Anchorage, Alaska, United States #1297031

Thanks.Good news the plumber that installed the new replacement cartridge in Oct last year came today and agreed the part was defective and replaced it with another new one...NO charge.

Central Plumbing offers a one year guarantee and they did provide the goods today.We are happy...so far.